This worksheet set, from Lindsey Jervis of Kodaly Inspired Classroom, is designed to introduce sol and mi to primary age students.
Get Sol And Mi | Solfege Music Lesson Plan by Lindsey Jervis
1) Sol and Mi on Solfa Street” – Worksheet. Students select the house that is Sol and the house that is Mi on the “Solfege Street”. Then they practice there music notation on the bottom of the page, as well as gaining a better understanding of the relationship of these two solfege notes.
2) “Lost in Space” – Worksheet. Students are to write the space note name in a box below the music staff.
3) “Sol and Mi Trace” – Worksheets. Students are to trace and fill in sol and mi on the music staff.
4) “Star Musicians Know their Lines and Spaces” – Worksheet. Students are to write the name of the space note name in a box under the staff.
5) “Copycat Friends” – Worksheet. Sol is shown. Students must draw mi in the correct place.
6) “On the Search for Sol” – Worksheet. Sol and mi are written on the shown on staff. Students must circle sol.
7) “Mystery Mi” – Worksheet. Sol and Mi are shown. Students must circle mi.
8) “Star Light, Star Bright” – Worksheet. Students cut and paste to put the song in the correct order.
9) “Rain, Rain, Go Away” – Worksheet. Students cut and paste to put the song in the correct order.
10) “Sol-Mi Match Up” – Worksheet. Students play matching game to pair the first four beats of each melody with the correct song and picture.
11) “Compose Your Own Sol-Mi Song” – Worksheet. Students use rhythm/pitch sets provided to write their own composition. It’s basically a mix-and-match composing opportunity. Kids cut out the musical phrases and order them is a way that sounds best to them. Because any order sounds good, it’s always going to be an encouraging activity.
12) “What Do You Hear?” – Worksheet. Sol-Mi patterns are given. Teacher sings patterns. Students identify correct answer.
13) “What Do You Hear?” – Worksheet. Sol-Mi patterns are written on traditional staff. Teacher sings patterns. Students identify correct answer.
Pizza Man, Pizza Man | Music Composition Lesson Plan (Digital Download)
Star Wars | Music Listening Glyph Worksheets (Printable Worksheets)
High & Low Mix-and-Match | Pitch Lessons and Worksheets (PDF)
Polished Planning | Music Lesson Plan Guide and Templates
Elements of Music | Anchor Chart Posters (Digital Download)