Need a few ideas and resources to make your Christmastime lessons more fun. Check out this resource pack from Aileen Miracle at Mrs. Miracle’s Music Room.
Print Nutcracker Music Lesson Plan
This packet includes 115 pages of resources, including:
1) Follow Me – A Beat Activity for the Nutcracker Overture (K-1)
2) Nutcracker Beat Visuals (K-1)
3) Nutcracker Movement Activity (1-5) Includes 25 Nutcracker sheets (color or b&w) with movement activity directions, and SMART board file with embedded music for “Chinese Dance.”
4) Story Visuals – Student organize the picture in the order of the story. These printables can also be use to decorate your music classroom bulletin board.
5) Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy Listening Lesson – Students read the rhythm of the theme. Requires students to consider the purpose of measure lines in music notation.
6) Quiz Worksheet – Students answer questions about what they read about Tchaikovsky and the Nutcracker.
7) Bulletin Board Content – Includes “Did You Know” cards, Nutcracker letters, Picture of Tchaikovsky, and more.
Related Music Lesson Plan Posts
Pizza Man, Pizza Man | Music Composition Lesson Plan (Digital Download)
Star Wars | Music Listening Glyph Worksheets (Printable Worksheets)
John Williams Film Score Music Lesson Glyphs | Music Lesson Plan
Polished Planning | Music Lesson Plan Guide and Templates
Elements of Music | Anchor Chart Posters (Digital Download)
High & Low Mix-and-Match | Pitch Lesson and Worksheets (PDF)